Changing the Background Also Changes the Editor's Background (?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nati9
    • Jan 2019
    • 5.3.x

[Bug / Issue] Changing the Background Also Changes the Editor's Background (?)

Hey guys,
    I was hoping someone here might know how to help me .

I tried changing my board's background, and entered the following into the css_additional.css:
    body {
    background: url(/images/joomlart/bo4bg3.jpg) no-repeat fixed 0 0 / 100% 100% transparent;
    }
    Everything worked great, until about a minute later I noticed it also changed the background for the editor, meaning in the signature edit, quick reply, and even new topic.

I am adding a picture to show the issue.

What can I do to leave the editor white and just the the body's background?

Thanks a lot,
    Nathan.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

That part of the editor is actually an iframe and therefore the BODY tag applies.

Instead of using custom CSS, you should use the body_background style variable in the AdminCP. Styles -> Style Manager. Choose Style Variable Editor from the drop down menu.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• In Omnibus
      • Apr 2010

You can't make the background transparent unless your image is a text legible color in the wrapper area. You're also using a .jpg image, which has no alpha channel with transparency. You should convert that to a .png image.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        Wayne Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        The transparent refers to the background-color in that statement.

The background shorthand CSS property sets all background style properties at once, such as color, image, origin and size, or repeat method. Component properties not set in the background shorthand property value declaration are set to their default values.

• In Omnibus
        In Omnibus commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, which is why I would probably use the #wrapper ID to make the wrapper rgba white full opaque, but there are any number of ways of approaching this and I don't want to confuse the customer by giving different advice from yours.
    • Kroxville
      • Mar 2017
      • 5.2.x

Thanks for the tips, but when I change my background my header is completely moved
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Forumverlauf.png
Views:	143
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	4411031

does anyone know what the problem is?

Comment

• In Omnibus
        In Omnibus commented
        Editing a comment
        Whatever CSS you're using is causing the problem. We would need to see it to know what the specific issue is.
    • glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

That is a known issue since vB 5.4.2 where the css_additional was finally included in the ckeditor iframe which causes the body background applied on the main page to also apply in ckeditor. I have suggested a free solution to this on my site. The latest code I posted is on page 2.

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...b5-4-2-upgrade

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment