Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the Background Also Changes the Editor's Background (?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Changing the Background Also Changes the Editor's Background (?)

Hey guys,
    I was hoping someone here might know how to help me .

I tried changing my board's background, and entered the following into the css_additional.css:
    body {
    background: url(/images/joomlart/bo4bg3.jpg) no-repeat fixed 0 0 / 100% 100% transparent;
    }
    Everything worked great, until about a minute later I noticed it also changed the background for the editor, meaning in the signature edit, quick reply, and even new topic.

I am adding a picture to show the issue.

What can I do to leave the editor white and just the the body's background?

Thanks a lot,
    Nathan.

That part of the editor is actually an iframe and therefore the BODY tag applies.

Instead of using custom CSS, you should use the body_background style variable in the AdminCP. Styles -> Style Manager. Choose Style Variable Editor from the drop down menu.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

You can't make the background transparent unless your image is a text legible color in the wrapper area. You're also using a .jpg image, which has no alpha channel with transparency. You should convert that to a .png image.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        Wayne Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        The transparent refers to the background-color in that statement.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...CSS/background

• In Omnibus
        In Omnibus commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, which is why I would probably use the #wrapper ID to make the wrapper rgba white full opaque, but there are any number of ways of approaching this and I don't want to confuse the customer by giving different advice from yours.

Thanks for the tips, but when I change my background my header is completely moved
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Forumverlauf.png
Views:	29
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	4411031

does anyone know what the problem is?

Comment

• In Omnibus
        In Omnibus commented
        Editing a comment
        Whatever CSS you're using is causing the problem. We would need to see it to know what the specific issue is.

That is a known issue since vB 5.4.2 where the css_additional was finally included in the ckeditor iframe which causes the body background applied on the main page to also apply in ckeditor. I have suggested a free solution to this on my site. The latest code I posted is on page 2.

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...b5-4-2-upgrade

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment