Problem with users accessing their profiles after migration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with users accessing their profiles after migration

I've searched around in here and not able to find any discussions about this problem. We are new a new vBulletin customer, and after migrating our forums over to this platform... our members are not able to access their old profiles. I have personally attempted to regain access to my profile, and twice it has indicated a temporary password has been sent to my email but nothing ever comes through. Multiple individuals have indicated they are having the same problem. One member said after many attempts, they finally received a temporary password, but are unable to log in using it. So, at the moment our 9,296 members are not able to log in to their profiles as of Friday afternoon when we went live.

Any suggestions or ideas?

What platform did you migrate from? vBulletin 3 and vBulletin 4 passwords should be valid for a single login into vBulletin 5. After that login, their password would be switched to the new security token format. Other platforms would require a password reset.

Does the webmaster email in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details match your domain name? If it doesn't many mail systems will reject your email as spam. It may not even reach the user's spam email box.

What does the email diagnostic under AdminCP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics return? Do you receive the email sent?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X