Views:	254
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	4406266
    It is not in the same row.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    de_DE, UTF-8
    remove the de_De, from the HTML Character set. You can only have one character set defined here. It looks like you have combined a Locale that doesn't support UTF-8 with a UTF-8 character set in this field. This will never provide valid results.

Leave a comment:

• Actron
    replied
    Database: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
    Vb 5: language de_DE, UTF-8

Is there a chance to find the word "spies" in vb? Same problem with "plane". When i do a query in db it finds the word "pläne"

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What is the character set and collation of your database tables?

What is the HTML character encoding of your vBulletin Language? AdminCP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager. Edit Settings for your language.

Words in the badwords list are there because of their commonality in language. They aren't "bad" words such as swearing. They are just used too often in common speech. Searching on them would often produce too many results and reduce the effectiveness of the search. It is recommended not to edit any core files. Any changes you make will just be overwritten with the next upgrade. You can add words to your list of words to search regardless of this list in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Message Searching Options.

Leave a comment:

• Actron
    replied
    After i made a query with your code above it will show ub following:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GZu8QOi.png
Views:	282
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	4406186

Why this words in badwords.php are badwords? Can i remove some words without problem?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Hmmm...

Spies is not in the /core/vb/badwords.php list. If you run a query against the words table in your database what are the results?

Code:
    select * from words where word like 'spies';
    If you have a table prefix defined in your /core/includes/config.php file, you will need to add it to the words table name.

Leave a comment:

• Actron
    commented on 's reply
    no i have set it to 3... a long time ago. And yes i have recreate the searchindex. I use the internal search... i never try sphinx. And the word "Bad" will show up after search... but not "spies"

• LockedOnLaw
    commented on 's reply
    Is your minimum search word length "4?" That would affect your ability to search the word "bad." Are you using the internal search or Sphinx?

• Actron
    replied
    Yes i have check this.
    I have no word under "Words to be excluded from search" but when i search in forum i can't find "Bad Spies". If i add the word "Spies" to "Words to be excluded from search" the search will find every post with "bad" included... including the post "Bad Spies"... so the word spies will be blocked even when i don't add the word to "Words to be excluded from search". I only add the word to find the post.... i will that vb find the word "spies" but it is not possible.
    There are other words vb can't find... and posts will not show up in search if i don't add it to "Words to be excluded from search". If i only search for "Spies" there will no post show up (no mater if the Word is on excluded words)

Leave a comment:

• LockedOnLaw
    replied
    Check in the admincp under Message Searching Options

Leave a comment:

• Actron
    started a topic Problem with vb search

Problem with vb search

I have a big problem with the vb 5 database search.
    Some words are missing. When i search for for example: Bad Spies.... nothing will show up. If i add word "Spies" to exclude words in search settings all postings with "Bad" will show up... i think some words are blocked... but i don't know where this words are listet. Same with the word "plane" and many more...
    Can someone help me?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...