X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikecp421
    • Aug 2005
    • 5.3.x

trouble editing a thread

I click on edit and type more into it and then click save and nothing updates, where can I begin to look with regards to that?
    lincolnsofdistinction.org
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by mikecp421
    I click on edit and type more into it and then click save and nothing updates, where can I begin to look with regards to that?
    Please provide all the information from HERE so that we can assist you.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• mikecp421
      • Aug 2005
      • 5.3.x

1. vBulletin Version - 5.4.4
      2. PHP Version - 7.1.25
      3. MySQL Version - 5.1.73
      4. Any Addons installed - Third party login Google, Third party login twitter
      5. Does the issue occur in a default style? yes
      6. Does the issue occur using the English language provided? yes
      7. Error message on the screen' - none
      8. Browser and Browser version used.- chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
      9. Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue? yes
      10. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue. - i click on edit and complete the edit but after saving it does not save it
      11. If the issue is an Invalid Server response, the web server and PHP logs that correspond with its timestamp. NA

lincolnsofdistinction.org

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Please do this...
        1. Load the page with the editor.
        2. Press F12 on your keyboard. This should open the developer's tools of your browser.
        3. Press F5 to reload the page.
        4. Look at the Network tab in your developer tools. Is any file listed in red?
        5. Look at the Console tab in your developer tools. Are there any errors listed?
        6. Press the Edit link on a post to edit it.
        7. Look at the Network tab in your developer tools. Is any file listed in red?
        8. Look at the Console tab in your developer tools. Are there any errors listed?
        9. Make your edits.
        10. Look at the Network tab in your developer tools. Is any file listed in red?
        11. Look at the Console tab in your developer tools. Are there any errors listed?
        12. Click the Save button.
        13. Look at the Network tab in your developer tools. Is any file listed in red?
        14. Look at the Console tab in your developer tools. Are there any errors listed?
        Paste any files and their status listed in Red (this means there was an error) or any errors from the Console in a reply.

While each browser will vary a little, the developer tools look similar to this:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-01-18_11-07-55.png Views:	1 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	4406666

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• OrganForum
          • Feb 2013
          • 5.7.X

Originally posted by mikecp421
          Do you see the "Working" box at the top of the page when you click save?
          VB 5.7.2
          PHP 7.4
          MySQL 8.0.28

Comment