X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • backpages
    • May 2016
    • 5.2.x

Allow Unregistered / Not Logged In Users to See FAQ Page

Using 5.4.4. We want our forum to be completely private, we don't want Unregistered or Not Logged in users to see any of the topics or posts or users, etc. However, we do want them to be able to see a FAQ page where rules and regulations are displayed that they need to read before they sign up. Is there a way to do this? When we change the settings to "Can View Channels" for this group to off, they can't see anything, which is *almost* what we want. Is there a way to let them see one specific page? The FAQ page? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You need to give them permission to view the Home Page node under Usergroups -> Channel Permissions. Remove permissions for Forums, Articles, Blogs, and Groups so they cannot see content not on pages.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• backpages
      • May 2016
      • 5.2.x

Thanks, Wayne, I appreciate the response. I went to Usergroups > Channel Permissions. From there I used the little drop-down menu and chose "Home Page." Then I clicked on the link to edit "Unregistered / Not Logged In." However, once on this page I don't see a way to give them permission to view it and remove permissions for the other sections as you suggest. Am I in the wrong place? Thanks again!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

The different channels are listed on the same page where you found Home Page. You have to scroll down the list and edit each of them.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment