Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Sorry. Your signature says MySQL 5.6.34.

The growth in the table should not affect transaction locks as long as all of your tables are using INNODB. INNODB performs locks on a row by row basis. The table size is irrelevant. If you are using MYISAM tables anywhere except for the language, phrase, and usertextfield tables, then you can cause TABLE level lockouts which will break transactions. TABLE level lockouts get worse the larger the table is. Since the cache and cacheevent tables are used multiple times on every single page view, this can significantly impact performance if you're using MYISAM.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• OrganForum
      • Feb 2013
      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by [LEFT
      Wayne Luke;n4407269[/LEFT]]
      If you are using MYISAM tables anywhere except for the language, phrase, and usertextfield tables, then you can cause TABLE level lockouts which will break transactions.
      Did you mean userfield rather than usertextfield? In this post you say userfield. All my tables are INNODB with the exception of language, phrase, and userfield which are MYISAM per your previous post. So should userfield be INNODB and usertextfield be MYISAM?

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Sorry. Your signature says MySQL 5.6.34.
      Sorry, my bad will fix.

Thanks.
      VB 5.7.2
      PHP 7.4
      MySQL 8.0.28

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Sorry, I mean userfield. That table is dynamic and we don't know what size it will be on each site.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment