Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tariq M. Waheed
    replied
    Thank you Sir can we create a support ticket please I need some help
    Last edited by Tariq M. Waheed; Tue 15 Jan '19, 7:03am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What is the error with the site in Debug mode? Otherwise, we'll need a support ticket to login and check the site out.

Debug mode is useful for development purposes- it is required if you will be creating VB5 Modifications you intend to distribute for others to download. However it is also useful for trouble-shooting issues with your site as debug mode often provides more specific error messages when something goes wrong- as such if you are

Leave a comment:

• OrganForum
    commented on 's reply
    FWIW, when I had this problem, it seemed localized to the use of Edge and I thought it might be a problem with Edge. So, I switched my regular browsing over to Chrome, and sure enough after a time the problem occurred there as well. Since the problem is intermittent, switching to a different browser only when the problem occurs is not likely to reveal anything. As mentioned previously, my problem was cookie related and has not re-occurred since changing the cookie prefixes back to the default 'bb'

• Tariq M. Waheed
    replied
    OK thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Tariq M. Waheed

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190108-160104.png
Views:	164
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	4406231
    This issue only happens when I use Google Chrome when I try to log in.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem I repeat on any other browser I have no problem only Google Chrome.
    If it's one browser then it's a local issue.

Make sure you have cleared the Chrome cache and restarted Chrome. Chrome can cache things aggressively and it may be caching an error page.

Leave a comment:

• Tariq M. Waheed
    replied
    This error should only appear if there is an issue with connecting with a proper vBulletin 5 Database. Are you sure you didn't change the table prefix on accident?

Views:	164
ID:	4406231
    This issue only happens when I use Google Chrome when I try to log in.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem I repeat on any other browser I have no problem only Google Chrome.

Leave a comment:

• Tariq M. Waheed
    replied
    Thanks for the information comrade.

Leave a comment:

• OrganForum
    commented on 's reply
    My problem wasn't with the database prefix and connectivity, it was the cookie prefix and those were the ones I changed in the config files. Changing the table prefix would have hosed the whole site, not just a random sign-in now and then. If I deleted the cookies I could then sign in. If I did not, I had to either sign on another browser or wait some period of time, I assume for a cookie to expire, after which I could sign in with that browser again.

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This error should only appear if there is an issue with connecting with a proper vBulletin 5 Database. Are you sure you didn't change the table prefix on accident?

Tariq,

I visited your site and it is loading properly for me. I don't have a login to check anything beyond a guest user. Is this still occurring? Did you receive an email about a database error? If so, what is it?

Leave a comment:

• OrganForum
    replied
    FWIW, I had this happen. I think it's related to cookie prefixes. I had changed the cookie prefixes in both config files from the default 'bb' to 'of' prior to the installation. Whenever the issue occurred, clearing the browser cookies fixed the problem for a while, but it would return, usually after switching between the site and the AdminCP. Happened using both Edge and Chrome browsers. I noticed that although I'd changed the prefix to 'of' and cookies with that prefix were being sent, cookies with a 'bb' prefix also continued to appear.

Changing the cookie prefix back to 'bb' in both config files has fixed the problem and I've not had a reoccurrence since.

I did not attempt to reproduce the problem by setting the prefixes back to 'of', however. Just know that using the defaults fixed the issue for me.
    Last edited by OrganForum; Wed 9 Jan '19, 6:33am.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Does this only happen with your own account?

Leave a comment:

• Tariq M. Waheed
    started a topic Issue logging into my site

Issue logging into my site

Views:	212
ID:	4405832 Happy New Year's to all vbulletin support.

I am having problems logging into my site I took a screenshot of the message that comes up when I try to sign in with my name this happened in the past and it was fixed by tech support.