Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bendiesel
    • Jan 2018
    • 5.3.x

[Bug / Issue] Help section language don't switch properly when switching languages

Hi ! after doing translation either in "Language Manager" or "Help Manager", when I switch language from English to RTL language:

- translated Help titles ( General Help, Managing Your Account...) are switching properly,

but

-translated subtitles and content are not switching from one language to other,

notice: when I make "save" in any function without even change anything in "Help Manager", and refresh the (Help) page: all the Help content is displaying properly in any language, but when I switch language: the same problem.

Please, have you a solution or should I make a bug report ?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Do you have links were we can observe the behavior?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bendiesel
      • Jan 2018
      • 5.3.x

private message sent

Comment

• bendiesel
        • Jan 2018
        • 5.3.x

Hi Luke,
        you answered me and after your permission i post your message:
        We don't provide an Arabic translation and never did. You would have to take up translation issues with the person who created the translation.
        I created the Arabic translation ! ..you provided the solution to do it ! ..and it doesn't work ! the problem is in switching between RTL and LTR language.. who can I talk to ? ..
        Last edited by bendiesel; Tue 8 Jan '19, 10:23am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

All I see is English Language Text with Arabic Headers on the link you provided me. That suggests that the content hasn't been translated in the Language System.

However, the English switches to RTL so you need to explain the problem better.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bendiesel
            • Jan 2018
            • 5.3.x

thank you Luke for all the support you gave it to me for months, it was really helpful, until it makes me forget that i still have the support ticket, so this is what I did today, I hope they get a deep look to it because I think it needs big time support, I'll send you notification after their response..
            with all my gratitude,,

Comment

• bendiesel
              • Jan 2018
              • 5.3.x

Hi ! i just tested this issue on vb 5.5 = same problem but,

this issue is not inherent only to RTL language but to all LTR languages, the issue is also present in vbulletin.com/forum,

issue summary:

- English language is active in the footer,
              - when you go to "Help" in the footer,
              - you click, for example on "Forums, Topics and Posts", in "General Help",
              - you will see help text in english, it's OK,
              - but when you switch to French (or other) language in the footer,
              - "General Help" becomes "Aide générale" and so all the titles are translated in French, good, but subtitles like: "Forums, Topics and Posts", "Registration"... and all the help texts remain in english,

some notes:
              - when you refresh the help page, the help page display in correct language very briefly before displaying at the end in the wrong one,
              - when you edit and save phrases in Admin cp: user manual / help manager, refresh the "Help" page, so the help page display in the right language, you switch again the language in the footer and you get the same problem.

i don't know if this is the first report and if i should bring this to tracker,

thank you for efforts to resolve this

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

I can see the problem with your latest description. I've created an actionable bug report here:

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bendiesel
                  • Jan 2018
                  • 5.3.x

thank you very much Luke !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...