vB 5.4.5 asking for birthdate at start of registration process: How did I do that?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dxw
    • Aug 2009

vB 5.4.5 asking for birthdate at start of registration process: How did I do that?

I feel for the guy who lost his admin password. In my setup and testing I obviously set vB to ask for registrant birthdate. It comes up first thing,even before the process asks for their 'handle' and email address.
    I want to remove that and cannot work out how.
    Birthdate is a field in my user profile. I'd like to keep day and month, for birthday felicitations, but drop the year and remove it as a registration requirement.
    Last edited by dxw; Sat 15 Dec '18, 4:33pm. Reason: Question answered
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

AdminCP > Settings > Options > User Profile Options > Require Date of Birth
    That's one setting.

If it's coming up before registration starts it's possibly COPPA:
    AdminCP > Settings > Options > Privacy Options > COPPA Registration System
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• dxw
      • Aug 2009

The first one … right at the top of that options page … did the trick. I'd been there numerous times but obviously failed to notice that very first item. Thanks.

Comment

• zkengle
        • Aug 2019
        • 5.7.X

As the OP had asked, is there a way to require a day and month, but leave the year optional? Or hide the year from profiles by default?

edit: seems this has been brought up quite a few times before. I've submitted a feature request: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19648
        Last edited by zkengle; Wed 11 Sep '19, 5:20am.
        Vote for Features!!
        * Member Lists in Groups *
        * Mass Private Messages to Groups and Usergroups *

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

The Birthdate Request at Registration is to comply with US Federal and International Laws regarding age of the user registering. Without the Birth Year, this age cannot be calculated and will not fulfill those guidelines. If you're not advertising yourself to children under the age of 13, you can turn COPPA off and Require Birthday the birthday won't even be requested at registration. If a user has already entered their birthday, they can control how it appears to others on their Settings page under the Profile tab.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...