X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taydin
    • Dec 2018
    • 5.3.x

Can't customize some language variables

Hi, I have installed vb5 connect version 5.4.5 on my dedicated server and have started to add Turkish language support. Have gone through most of the variables, but there are some variables which don't take effect even after assigning new values to them:

1) When opening the "Blogs" tab on the navbar, vb5 displays the blogs, and there is a right side bar which has two sections: MY BLOGS and LATEST BLOG COMMENTS. The variables that correspond to them are,
    Code:
    my_blogs
    and
    Code:
    blog_blogsidebar
    . At least when I search for these strings, those are the only variables that show up. But when I try to customize these for the Turkish translation, they don't take effect and vb5 continues to use the default value for these variables.

It seems these variables are hardcoded in the source and don't use the language customization mechanism. So how would I go about customizing these?
    Last edited by taydin; Thu 13 Dec '18, 6:00am.
  • taydin
    • Dec 2018
    • 5.3.x

While continuing with the translation, I have determined other variables that don't take effect either. For example, the search input box on the top right has a drop down list, which references the

Code:
    articles
    variable. I customized this one, too, but vb5 keeps using "Articles" for the value of this variable instead of what I have set it to ...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Module titles? These aren't translatable at this time. You need to edit the module and change the title to the language you want.

Same with Channel Titles like Articles.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment