• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrregan
    • Oct 2018
    • 5.3.x

Login issue(API error)

ran debug mode and it returned this:

Error :Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error. on line 701 in /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php
    Step 0: showErrorPage() called on line 289 in /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php
    Step 1: handleException() called
    Exception API Error
    Controller: content_channel
    Method: fetchTopLevelChannelIds
    Error(s):
    array ( 0 => array ( 0 => 'Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.<br /> <br /> If this occurred unexpectedly, please <a href="%1$s">inform the administrator</a> and describe the action you performed before you received this error.', ), 1 => array ( 0 => 'exception_trace', 1 => '## /home/betverse/public_html/forum/core/vb/api.php(644) Exception Thrown #0 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/core/vb/api/wrapper.php(186): vB_Api->checkApiState(\'fetchTopLevelCh...\') #1 [internal function]: vB_Api_Wrapper->__call(\'fetchTopLevelCh...\', Array) #2 [internal function]: vB_Api_Wrapper->fetchTopLevelChannelIds(\'\') #3 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php(101): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php(972): Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi(\'content_channel\', \'fetchTopLevelCh...\', Array, false, true) #5 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(369) : eval()\'d code(158): vB5_Template_Runtime:arseData(\'content_channel\', \'fetchTopLevelCh...\', \'\') #6 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(369): eval() #7 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template/cache.php(134): vB5_Template->render(false) #8 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(391): vB5_Template_Cache->replacePlaceholders(\'\\r\\n\\t\\r\\n\\r\\n\\t\\r \\n\\t\\t<me...\') #9 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template/cache.php(134): vB5_Template->render(false) #10 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(391): vB5_Template_Cache->replacePlaceholders(\'<!-- ##template...\') #11 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(487): vB5_Template->render() #12 /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(289): vB5_ApplicationAbstract::showErrorPage(Array, false) #13 [internal function]: vB5_ApplicationAbstract::handleException(Object(vB 5_Exception)) #14 {main}', ), )
    on line 976 in /home/betverse/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Does the issue occur in the "Default Style?"

What where you trying to do when you encountered the error? What version of PHP? What version of vBulletin? What version of MySQL? All important questions that need answers.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mrregan
      • Oct 2018
      • 5.3.x

Hi Wayne, Thanks for responding.

This is an issue with the default style. The most recent thing that I had done was gone to edit page under admin editing tools. I then selected an option(and i forget the exact wording) that was going to make that page my default page when someone tries to go to the forums. Technically that page is home-forums, so it's not the first page you would go to. Looks very similar to the attached pic but had this extra option that i had checked:

Vbulletin 5.4.4
      PHP 7.2.7
      MySQL -not sure

Comment

• mrregan
        • Oct 2018
        • 5.3.x

I figured it out and it's stupid. My login url in Admin CP did not match my default home page address.

Comment