Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danloona
    • Mar 2015

[Bug / Issue] 504 Time out

Hi , I got an issue with my forum when does stay open on browser I get error Time Out 504 error.

Any idea what's wrong there?

Thanks.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

No. What are the log entries for that 504 error? You'll want to look in your webserver log and the PHP error log.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Danloona
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      No. What are the log entries for that 504 error? You'll want to look in your webserver log and the PHP error log.
      Could be because of uploaded images on server?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Images are static and don't normally make server requests when you leave a page open. Something is making a server request and the server is throwing an error based on that request. The most common culprit would be something the vB Messenger function which makes polls to the server behind the scenes. A security tool on the server like mod_evasive or mod_security may flag these requests as excessive. In a default installation, the polling for new messages occurs between 1 and 30 seconds and stops after 5 minutes. If you are sending messages, it polls for new messages quicker. As time passes between messages, the polling slows down. We have tried to make these defaults lenient enough so they don't trigger security systems on the server but responsive to user input so vB Messenger feels like a live chat.

Knowing the logged error message would help determining what the cause is.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Danloona
          • Mar 2015

For now looks everything ok.

But if error appear, I will have a look more deep into.

Comment