• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imgnrm
    • Mar 2017
    • 5.3.x

BB Code with Attachment...

Hello,
    I don't get how the attachement works with the following BB Code from Help page.

#1 What is the attachmentid?
    #2 Where should I upload the 12345.txt?

Please advise me.

Thank you

<td>Usage:</td>
    <td>[ATTACH]attachmentid[/ATTACH]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Example Usage:</td>
    <td>[ATTACH]12345.txt[/ATTACH]]<</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Example Output:</td>
    <td ><p>Output can vary with this. It can display a thumbnail, full sized image or a link to a file. Double clicking on image attachments in the editor will allow you to change their properties. A text link would look like: <br /><a href="12345.txt">12345.txt</a></td>
    </tr>
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Click the Attachment Icon at the top right of the page. After you upload your file, click Insert Inline in the Attachment Panel. The system will figure out the ID for you.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• imgnrm
      • Mar 2017
      • 5.3.x

I've uploaded an attachment by clicking the 'Attachment icon' with paper clip > click 'Upload attachment' > and it's added a file name in the post with just file name.
      What is the ID you mentioned?
      I clicked the attachment file it is connected to another page. So I tried putting ] but it shows as is and doesn't work at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 4.05.55 PM.png
Views:	225
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	4401485

what do you mean by "The system will figure out the ID for you." where can I find the ID so that I can put it in [ATTACH]...[/ATTACH] as vbulletin Help.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Don't use ATTACH. There is no way to know what the ID is when you're creating a post. The system will figure it out when you use the method I mention. Images don't even use ATTACH anymore. They use a JSON string. That is what I am saying. The way it functions has changed dramatically since the help file was written. I'll submit a bug to have it removed from the documentation completely.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment