X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wesleyinman
    • Sep 2018
    • 5.3.x

[BUG/Issue] Forum is converting links and Bold, Italic, Underline to HTML

Ok so on my forum I am seeing that when you type in some of the forums and you use the Advanced Editor. Say I put a link to another website, or I choose to highlight and make something BOLD, ITALIC, or change the font for instance.

When you post the Thread, it actually posts it converted back to HTML code, rather then the desired effects.

Not sure if anyone can help or if this is the right place to post? Please advise!

• Wesleyinman
    • Sep 2018
    • 5.3.x

For example here is a thread I made and as you can see this is how it is supposed to look. If you look at the next thread below this one, I will show you how it looks on my site when I enter this into a thread:

The narrow-grip version of the bench press stimulates the pecs just as well as the regular bench press
    Shoulders injuries in strength sports often implicate that bench presses are no longer an option. Bench presses are just too stressful for their shoulder joint. But that does not mean that they can not train their upper body properly. The alternative to bench presses, the narrow-grip bench press, which is most commonly used in case of shoulder injuries, stimulates the pecs practically as good as the regular bench press.
    Study
    Norwegian sports scientists, affiliated with Sogn and Fjordane University College, published a study in 2017 in the Journal of Human Kinetics, in which they experimented with 12 successful powerlifters.
    The researchers had the Norwegians do bench presses in different ways, with a weight with which 6 reps were possible.
    On one occasion the subjects had the barbell fixed in the standard way [wide-grip]. There was a little more than 80 centimeters of space between their palms. The other times, the test subjects held the barbell with a medium grip or a narrow grip.

The researchers had put electrodes on the upper body of the powerlifters, with which they could measure the activity of the muscles under the skin.
    Results
    Regarding the activation of the chest muscles, shoulder muscles and triceps, there were no significant differences between the effects of the different bench press versions.

Conclusion
    This is good news for unlucky people who, due to a shoulder impingement, are no longer able to bench press. They can, while working on their recovery, often without any problems do narrow-grip bench presses - and continue to develop their pecs.
    Source:
    J Hum Kinet. 2017 Jun 22;57:61-71.

Comment

• Wesleyinman
      • Sep 2018
      • 5.3.x

Now how it actually looks when you enter it into my vbulletin:

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

You have either disabled BBCode in that specific channel or in the parent channel or globally.

Check the channel permissions.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

It isn't a permission. It is a Channel Option under Channel Management -> Channel Manager. Edit each channel and make sure that Allow BB Code is set to Yes.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wesleyinman
            • Sep 2018
            • 5.3.x

That was the solution. THANK YOU!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...