• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • panoramia
    • Oct 2013
    • 5.1.x

vimeo videos not embedded on vBulletin 5

Hello everyone,
    I am trying to embed vimeo videos on vBulletin 5.2,4 but I will only get a link, they are not embedded correctly as youtube videos.

I use the insert media button and this is the code I get:

I will just see the link, nothing else.

Anyone can help? I've read that some bbcodes or XML have to be changed, but I don't really know what I need to do to make it work

What is the exact BBCODE that will make vimeo embedding work? Any custom [VIMEO] bbcode?

Thanks in advance
    Alfonso

PS. Looks like the second link I posted embeds corrected on this forum but it does not on mine as you can see in the attachment. YouTube videos work 100% but not Vimeo's
    Last edited by panoramia; Wed 17 Oct '18, 2:34am.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I see a blank frame above and when I click "Play", I get "Because of privacy settings, the video cannot be played here." The video has to be public on Vimeo in order to be embedded.

The correct method to embed them is to click the "Insert Movie" link on the Editor Toolbar (under the A icon above the editor). Then past the URL. You can also use the link content type (the chain icon on the editor).
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• panoramia
      panoramia commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I always do when I insert a video, I insert the movie. Like I said in my initial post, it doesn't work. I only see the link to the video, but here in vBulletin forum I can see the embedded video. I googled for a couple of hours and I see MANY people have the exact same issue unresolved.

This is why I asked here, the right place. I cannot insert Vimeo media, it will not be recognized by my vBulletin. YouTube videos will but Vimeo videos will not

Thanks a lot
      Alfonso

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      Just noticed you're on vBulletin 5.2.4. You will need to upgrade to vBulletin 5.4.4 to restore Vimeo functionality.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment