Registration disabled message - when it isn't!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

Registration disabled message - when it isn't!

We had someone contact us to say they wanted to register on our forum but every time they tried they got a 'registration disabled by the administrator' message.

The registration is not disabled as we are getting lots of new members and also we tried ourselves with a test member and registered without problem.

We wondered if they had a banned IP or email address so tried temporarily removing all banned IP/email but still the could not register so it is not that. Nor are they a banned username.

We then tried ourselves by registering a test member with their details and this gave us the 'registration disabled by the administrator' message.

We have been able to register them manually via the admin control panel, but what on earth could be causing them to receive the notice? We are worried this could be happening to others but they don't let us know, instead they go away and we lose a member.

Click image for larger version

Name:	registration disabled.png
Views:	164
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	4400609
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Do registrations work if you turn off the User Name Check with Stop Forum Spam... Settings -> Spam Settings.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Do registrations work if you turn off the User Name Check with Stop Forum Spam... Settings -> Spam Settings.
      I've turned it off and we will just have to see what happens. Now we have registered the member via admin we can't check that username in a test register but I guess it must be the only explanation.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

I wasn't able to register with my first name yesterday. I was able to register with it today. So StopForumSpam checking usernames was most likely the problem. You can go ahead and delete the user with the name of Wayne. I used a bogus email address anyway.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mrs.T
          • Nov 2007
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          I wasn't able to register with my first name yesterday. I was able to register with it today. So StopForumSpam checking usernames was most likely the problem. You can go ahead and delete the user with the name of Wayne. I used a bogus email address anyway.
          Thanks Wayne Luke you are a star. How could I ever delete you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...