X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CorbinH
    • May 2009

File Sizes

We use vBulletin 5.4.3

I have a problem I hope can be solved. I have set the limits in the "Attachment Type Manager" as below for both JPEG and JPG.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SH7_ 508.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	4400123

I have also set "Message Attachment Options" in the vBullettin Options as below and do not want vBulletin to attempt resizing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SH7_ 509.jpg Views:	1 Size:	173.0 KB ID:	4400122

The settings for "Dimensions" seems to work with a pop up message showing why the image was not uploaded.
    However, it does not work for file size. I uploaded an image which was 545 kb and it was not rejected! It seems to ignore the file size setting of 400 kb and uploads it anyway. When I save/download the image to my PC from within the post, the image size has been reduced to 134 kb which is ignoring the "Resize Image" setting of "NO".
    I assume the following error SHOULD have popped up but it did not. Are there more settings which need to be adjusted, and if so how do I access them?

Click image for larger version  Name:	SH7_ 510.jpg Views:	1 Size:	30.5 KB ID:	4400121
    Last edited by CorbinH; Tue 9 Oct '18, 10:46pm.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Why do you want to limit resizing? This provides convenience to your end-users. Especially those accessing via mobile devices which rarely offer the ability to resize images manually.

However, if it is bypassing the option then you need to open a bug here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulletin5
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• CorbinH
      • May 2009

Thanks Wayne. I'll consider your advice and I'll reset to "Resize Images" to YES. I will report the bug.

Comment