Problem with old "welcome PM" to new user...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LemonMiao
    • Sep 2018
    • 5.3.x

[Bug / Issue] Problem with old "welcome PM" to new user...

Hello!

After updating vBulletin from 4.2.4 to 5.4.4, we encountered a problem with private messages:
    User 1 (Administrator) has over one million sent messages (outgoing folder), these messages are all about "welcome messages" to new registered users.
    The same issue happened to users: they have hundreds of sent messages, in their outgoing folder, they have old notifications "XXX has quoted YYY".

I would like to know how I can selectively delete all private messages from the database.
    By "selective" I mean "sentence inside the message to be deleted" and/or "XXX".

Thank you
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There is no way to do what you want. You would need custom coding that can traverse the node table and rebuild the closure table with every single deletion.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Hello,

You can try editing the users with the most private messages in the AdminCP. Then you can select "Delete All Private Messages" from the drop down. However, I think this might overwhelm your system unless you have really good hardware and a lot of memory available. It was never meant to handle 1 million private messages. Sending welcomes by email is a more efficient manner.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment