Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mat8861
    • Jan 2011

An unexpected error was returned: 'Undefined class constant 'TYPE_FLOAT''

Just installed a fresh 5.4.4 on ubuntu 18.04 with php 7.2 , Apache/2.4.29 everything seems fine, but when i go set permission on channel permission manager and save get this error. Any idea ?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

What is the full error including file and line numbers?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mat8861
      • Jan 2011

It happens in admincp. The strange is the url link, looks like a bad login (to me), so i refreshed the page, logout, login again but error is still there. Tried with firefox from where i never opened the link and it's the same. As it is not the first time i do an installation/upgrade, and 99.9% always ok ....wonder if it is php 7.2 causing the problem (mcrypt it's not installed). Apache log seems ok
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mat8861; Tue 2 Oct '18, 1:52pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

Please enable debug mode so we can hopefully see the complete error. Otherwise, you'll need to pull it from the error log on your server.

Debug mode is useful for development purposes- it is required if you will be creating VB5 Modifications you intend to distribute for others to download. However it is also useful for trouble-shooting issues with your site as debug mode often provides more specific error messages when something goes wrong- as such if you are

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mat8861
          • Jan 2011

ok forget about the url, was the chrome cache showing error of old admin. Here is debug mode of the error :
          Exception trace:
          ## /var/www/html/forum/core/admincp/forumpermission.php(575) Exception Thrown
          #0 /var/www/html/forum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php(142): require_once()
          #1 /var/www/html/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/relay.php(33): Api_Interface_Collapsed->relay('admincp/forumpe...')
          #2 /var/www/html/forum/index.php(74): vB5_Frontend_Controller_Relay->admincp('forumpermission...')
          #3 {main}

Comment

• mat8861
            • Jan 2011

Another strange thing, tested channel permission instead from quick-permission, from the regular page and setting deny channel to a usergroup works fine.
            I noted VB5 asked to set channel permission to "custom", while in quick permission there is not such option or message, could that be the cause ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Looking at the code, I can see potential issues but cannot recreate the issue.

What version of PHP are you using?

What are the exact steps that you are performing to create the error?

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mat8861
                • Jan 2011

php 7.2.10-0 ubuntu 18.04.1 I go in channel management>channel permission>quick channel permission setup>select the subforum>mark unregistred user> can view channels > no > save > An unexpected error was returned: 'Undefined class constant 'TYPE_FLOAT''

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Thanks. I can recreate the issue and have created a bug report for it. For the mean time, I suggest using the standard permissions editor to work around the error.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mat8861
                    • Jan 2011

Oh good news.

Comment