Email specific moderators when a post is in moderation queue?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tracks78
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.2.x

Email specific moderators when a post is in moderation queue?

Wondering if there's a way to be emailed when posts get stuck in the moderation filter so they can be reviewed as quickly as possible?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There is no way to email only on posts in the moderation queue at this time. Moderators can get an email for every new post within their sphere of power though. You can set this under Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions in the AdminCP.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tracks78
      • Oct 2017
      • 5.2.x

Okay is there a way to whitelist users then?

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Not users, but usergroups.

Usergroups > Usergroup Permissions
        Edit the usergroup
        Channel Permissions > Skip Moderation for Posts
        Set to Yes
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• tracks78
          • Oct 2017
          • 5.2.x

Hmm...that sounds useful! So does this still work if it's not the primary usergroup? I can just check a box to add the whitelisted group under Additional Usergroups?

Comment

• tracks78
            • Oct 2017
            • 5.2.x

Am I doing something wrong here? I made a new usergroup and had it copy settings from Registered Users usergroup. Then set Skip Moderation for Posts to yes, and changed title to Whitelisted.

Adding this as an additional usergroup for any user I found that their posts would still go into moderation. So I then switched these users main usergroup so the main usergroup was Whitelisted rather than Registered, but these users are still ending up in moderation.

From what I can tell this seems to happen mostly on posts that the user in question has edited multiple times. Does whitelisting only apply to posts or does it also apply to edits?

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by tracks78
              Am I doing something wrong here? I made a new usergroup and had it copy settings from Registered Users usergroup. Then set Skip Moderation for Posts to yes, and changed title to Whitelisted.

Adding this as an additional usergroup for any user I found that their posts would still go into moderation. So I then switched these users main usergroup so the main usergroup was Whitelisted rather than Registered, but these users are still ending up in moderation.

From what I can tell this seems to happen mostly on posts that the user in question has edited multiple times. Does whitelisting only apply to posts or does it also apply to edits?
              Skip moderation relates to making new posts as far as I am aware. Though and approved post should be editable without it going into the moderation queue, if you have that usergroup exempted from moderation. I would consider that a bug, if that is what it is doing. I will attempt to replicate later.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...