I can't open css-additional.css. double click doesn't work...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imgnrm
    • Mar 2017
    • 5.3.x

I can't open css-additional.css. double click doesn't work...

Hello,

Would you help me with this?
    I double clicked the css_additional.css but it doesn't open its Customize Template and all buttons are disabled so I can't click the 'Edit' buttton.

Please let me know how to edit the css_additional.css file to customize CSS.

Thank you in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	additionalcss.png
Views:	269
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	4399336
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Are you on vBCloud? vBCloud customers don't have permission to edit templates. Another way to add custom CSS is via Sitebuilder (Edit Site ON) > Style > CSS Editor. Choose the target style and then paste the CSS code to the textarea and then click Save Changes.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• imgnrm
      • Mar 2017
      • 5.3.x

Hi Glen,
      I'm not a vBCloud user. I turned off the site to build a site.Then, can't I use the the css_additional.css? what do you mean by Sitebuilder? Can I find it on Admin CP site? I don't see the CSS Editor.
      but Styles/style Manager.. Are you talking about this?

Also, I tried revising CSS by adding a new template from the dropdown menu as attached but it also didn't work. I am not sure what i did wrong..

Please advise me.

Thank you.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Sitebuilder is on the frontend not in AdminCP. Click Edit Site at the upper right corner to turn it ON if it says OFF. Then click Style in the Sitebuilder nav bar that comes up. Then click CSS Editor tab.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

To fix the permission issue on editing templates, check AdminCP > Usergroups > Administrator Permissions and edit permissions for your account. You should have at least "Can Administer & Edit Templates". I normally enable all permissions for Adminitrators.

Comment

• imgnrm
            • Mar 2017
            • 5.3.x

Oh, I got it. Thank you very much!!!

Comment

• SlowStreamer
              • Mar 2019
              • 5.3.x

I'm running 5.4.5 and I experience the same problem. If I try to open the css.additional.css via Admincp>Style Manager>CSS Templates, the css.additional.css is red and double clicking on it does not work and there is no option to edit.

However, if I try via Edit Site > Style > CSS Editor. I can input code there and save. Then when I go back to Admincp and select css.additional.css again, this time I have option to edit the css code that was entered via Edit Site.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Make sure your Administrator user has the "Can Administer All Templates" permission.

In the AdminCP go to Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment