X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • habili
    • Jan 2018
    • 4.2.x

problem in importing more lines of RSS links in new topic

hello dear friends. i create a RSS from a website that i want to update my forum with their new topics. when any new topic created in that website, it will show in my forum as new post, but when you open the topic, it will show just its first line and it's about 200 characters and for visit full topic you have to click on "more", is there any way in RSS to set to display more lines of that topic in my new post. for example i set to display 5 first lines of the topic in the post and then click on "more" for full topic
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can try adjusting the value at Settings -> Options -> Topic Display Options -> Preview Text Length. If increasing it there doesn't work, then the code will need to be modified. I don't know the exact place that code would happen at.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• In Omnibus
      • Apr 2010

The length of the RSS feed preview is set by the site whose RSS feed you are using. Modifying it might cause them to block you entirely. The point of RSS is to get people to click on their link, not to allow you to post the full content on your site. If they think you are costing them ad revenue by modifying the RSS feed you might be making trouble for yourself.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        Wayne Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        I read the opening post as though the RSS feed originates from his forum and is displayed on his site. The option I mentioned would have absolutely no effect on external feeds.

• In Omnibus
        In Omnibus commented
        Editing a comment
        It's entirely possible you read it correctly. Whenever this issue is raised I tend to assume that is it from a third party source. I'm not sure why anyone would want people to be able to read their full content without visiting their site, especially if they run ads of any kind. And, yet, stranger things have happened.