Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephenKay
    • Apr 2003

[Bug / Issue] VB 5.4.3 Bugs with editing articles and publish date

I noticed this today: I had an unpublished article saved as a draft. I edited it multiple times. But I finally figured out that each time I edit it, it increments the publish date by one month. At first it was Oct 20. The next time I edited it it was Nov 20th, then Dec 20th 2018. If you keep going, it keeps incrementing the month, but not the year. So the next time it was Jan 20th 2018, and it actually PUBLISHES the article in the past.

So every time you edit it, you have to pay attention to this and change the publish date back to one month in the future.

Furthermore, once the article is published, if you edit it it defaults to NOT published now, but one month in the future, so again you have to pay attention to this to edit an already published article.

Unless I'm approaching this the wrong way?
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

You are right. I've just published an article and when I edited it the publish date was 21st October 2018, one month in the future!

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

I was going to create a Tracker for it but it won't let me, although logged in when I try to access my dashboard all I get is this:
      # Access Denied #
      #2 : thebuggenie\core\framework\Action->forward403unless() called in /var/www/sites/tbg.vbulletin.com/core/modules/main/controllers/Main.php on line 590 #3 : thebuggenie\core\modules\main\controllers\Main->runDashboard() called in /var/www/sites/tbg.vbulletin.com/core/framework/Context.php on line 2390 #4 : thebuggenie\core\framework\Context:erformAction() called in /var/www/sites/tbg.vbulletin.com/core/framework/Context.php on line 2638 #5 : thebuggenie\core\framework\Context::go() called in /var/www/sites/tbg.vbulletin.com/public/index.php on line 27
      I can't see where else to add a problem.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        Wayne Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you using Safari? If you are, I recommend using Chrome.

• Mrs.T
        Mrs.T commented
        Editing a comment
        No, I'm using firefox

• Mrs.T
        Mrs.T commented
        Editing a comment
        Tried Chrome this morning, it's just the same. Access denied. I see my profile picture and appear to be logged in but nothing works.
    • Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

This is a known issue and there is a bug report on it at this time.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• StephenKay
        • Apr 2003

Thanks, do you have a JIRA?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment