Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CorbinH
    • May 2009

Yet ANOTHER error message

We updated our forum from 5.2.1 to 5.4.3 for better security and because of all the error messages our members were getting.
    For the first 2 weeks running 5.4.3 everything was fine and members slowly started coming back to the forum.
    Now over the last two days we are starting to receive error messages again. I only hope we do not start losing members because of this.
    These are totally random which does not help in solving the issues.
    I received this latest error message when clicking on the Mark Channels Read at the bottom of the screen.
    Clicking refresh and retrying the action was successful. But we shouldn't be getting all these error messages.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mark-Channels.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	4398964
    Last edited by CorbinH; Thu 20 Sep '18, 5:10pm.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Are you using Cloudflare by any chance?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

If yes, then https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ning-error-520

Either way, HTTP Error 5XX is a server error. Check your server error logs for more detailed error messages.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• CorbinH
        • May 2009

I visited our Host and checked the PHP version. It was set to 7.1 "Edge" - whatever that means. I looked in the publiuc_html folder and it was set at 5.4, which is our host's current version. I selected 7.1 for this folder. Is that the right thing to do? I also notice that all sub-folders in the public_html folder are individually set to 5.4. Do I have to change them all manually to 7.1?

I checked the error log and these three lines are occurring consistently:
        [21-Sep-2018 21:47:34 America/Chicago] Notice: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser has a deprecated constructor in /home4/shaddsi/public_html/core/packages/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 66

[21-Sep-2018 21:47:34 America/Chicago] Notice: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser_Node has a deprecated constructor in /home4/shaddsi/public_html/core/packages/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 838

[21-Sep-2018 21:47:34 America/Chicago] Notice: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser_Node_Text has a deprecated constructor in /home4/shaddsi/public_html/core/packages/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 1453
        Last edited by CorbinH; Fri 21 Sep '18, 7:21pm.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

Minimum required PHP version for vB5 is PHP 5.6. Recommended version is PHP 7.2

Comment

• CorbinH
            • May 2009

Thanks for replying Glenn. HostGator highest version is 7.1. Do you have an answer and/or a solution for the above questions in paragraph 1 above about the sub-folders?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

PHP 7.1 is fine. Change all folders to use 7.1.

Comment

• CorbinH
                CorbinH commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you kind sir!
            • CorbinH
              • May 2009

I was changing all folders to 7.1 and it was going OK until I tried to update the MySQL database. This is what presented in HostGator:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	SH7_ 466.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	4399091
              This is what presented in FileZilla:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	SH7_ 465.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	4399092
              I don't know where to go from here, any ideas?

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Don't change that. Only change public_html and below.

Bit odd that you need to change individual folders to be honest.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• CorbinH
                  • May 2009

Thanks Mark. I don't know why I can't enter the MYSQL_DATA folders though, I used to be able to open them before our offline incident when HostGator failed the attempt to install our SSL.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by CorbinH
                    I visited our Host and checked the PHP version. It was set to 7.1 "Edge" - whatever that means. I looked in the publiuc_html folder and it was set at 5.4, which is our host's current version. I selected 7.1 for this folder. Is that the right thing to do? I also notice that all sub-folders in the public_html folder are individually set to 5.4. Do I have to change them all manually to 7.1?

I checked the error log and these three lines are occurring consistently:
                    [21-Sep-2018 21:47:34 America/Chicago] Notice: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser has a deprecated constructor in /home4/shaddsi/public_html/core/packages/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 66

[21-Sep-2018 21:47:34 America/Chicago] Notice: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser_Node has a deprecated constructor in /home4/shaddsi/public_html/core/packages/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 838

[21-Sep-2018 21:47:34 America/Chicago] Notice: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser_Node_Text has a deprecated constructor in /home4/shaddsi/public_html/core/packages/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 1453
                    You can actually delete the /core/packages/forumrunner directory. This is actually removed from new installations as it is no longer supported for new customers.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by CorbinH
                      Thanks Mark. I don't know why I can't enter the MYSQL_DATA folders though, I used to be able to open them before our offline incident when HostGator failed the attempt to install our SSL.
                      Because you aren't the owner (and you shouldn't be). They are owned by the user mysql. Only the mysql server should write to this directory or change any of its properties. Changing it can cause catastrophic failure to your database(s). They don't need a minimum PHP version because there is no PHP in those folders.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• CorbinH
                        CorbinH commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for that Mark, appreciated.