Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CorbinH
    • May 2009

Exporting a report

Our forum has been down since the 8th of September (Link) and I have no way to contact our members to let them know what is happening.
    To be prepared for such an event if it were to happen again I would like to know if it is possible to export a report generated from Users> Search For Users. I would like to be able to generate a list that could be imported into my contacts so that I could send emails independent of the forum.
    As it is we have had no forum for 5 days now, and our members do not know why.
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

There would be a number of issues with that, the least of which is member's often using junk email addresses for registration, and the greatest of which would be use of personal data or personal identifying information in a manner not specifically authorized by members and not agreed to in the terms and conditions of use of the services and the privacy policy.

Comment

• CorbinH
      CorbinH commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, I get the whole privacy issue, but how do we get information to our members when/if there is a site crash?
      And could please answer my first question Re. junk email address.

• In Omnibus
      In Omnibus commented
      Editing a comment
      People give out junk email addresses because they don't want the internet having their real email address. They also rarely, if ever, check those junk email addresses, so even if you were able to send a notice the odds they would see it and read it are slim to none. It's more likely it would go to the junk mail folder of their junk email account.

• CorbinH
      CorbinH commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, therefore they would not be members as they hadn't completed the registration procedure.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

There's no means to export users, however using credentials from a previous ticket I have got to the bottom of your 500 errors. A corrupted .htaccess file higher up the folder tree. I've renamed it to .htaccess2 and now your phpinfo file works, however your site is running php 5.4 which is too low.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

If you have a tool like phpMyAdmin or HeidiSQL (with remote database access) you can always use SQL queries to retrieve data out of your database.

SELECT username, emailaddress FROM user WHERE usergroupid=2;

If you use a table prefix, you'll need to add that before the table name of user. Always a good idea to learn a little basic MySQL to help you do your job.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...