What are "Visitor Messages" and where are they?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephenKay
    • Apr 2003

What are "Visitor Messages" and where are they?

So I recently opened my site to the public, and today I get a notice that a user has added a "visitor Message" . I've never even heard of this.

If I go to the user's account by clicking on the user's name/avatar, I can see the contents of this visitor message shows up on their profile.

But If I go to the node id that was in the email notice sent to me, there's nothing there. The breadcrumbs read Home > Special > Visitor Messages, but the page is empty.

And I can't find, for the life of me, where you actually post this type of message from. How and from where does a user post a Visitor Message?
    Last edited by StephenKay; Sat 8 Sep '18, 5:07pm.
  • StephenKay
    • Apr 2003

I guess this visitor message is what happens when you view another user's User Profile, and there's a box right there that says "write something"? Can this feature be disabled?

Comment

• In Omnibus
      • Apr 2010

There is an entire section for visitor message permissions by usergroup in the admincp > usergroups > usergroup manager

Comment

• Carrfixr
        • May 2017
        • 5.5.x

You can quickly turn it off in Admin > Options
        https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...itor-messaging

Comment

• StephenKay
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by In Omnibus
          There is an entire section for visitor message permissions by usergroup in the admincp > usergroups > usergroup manager
          It does not seem to work correctly. For example, In my "Registered Users" Group I tried configuring it like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	visitormessages.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	4398006

I thought "let the user be able to post a visitor message to their own profile, but not other people's." Except it doesn't work. Configuring it like this also removes the message box on the user's own profile.

Comment