• Aug 2018
    • 5.3.x

Display users online at the bottom of different topics

Anyway to do this?

Cheers.
  • m-d-luffy
    • Sep 2018

No one will help you here
    Their answer to you will be to find an external programmer that will do your job
    العاب
    game
    ويب
    web

https://www.youtube.com/@abdur7maan

Comment

• In Omnibus
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Hellas
      Anyway to do this?

Cheers.
      Are you referring to Users Online or to Users Reading This Thread (a function in vB4.x which has yet to be added to vB5.x?

The problem with this function has always been it is not accurate. I recall vB4.x would show me as being in the admincp long after I had returned to the index page or to the who's online page.

If there was a way to make the function accurate I would be willing to vote for its inclusion in vB5.x

Comment

• m-d-luffy
        m-d-luffy commented
        Editing a comment
        And you stand against many of the needs of clients, I do not know the purpose of the moratorium against the requests of members, is for money

• In Omnibus
        In Omnibus commented
        Editing a comment
        About what in the sane hell are you on? Nowhere in the post did I say anything about opposing or standing against the inclusion of such a feature.
    • Hellas
      • Aug 2018
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by In Omnibus

Are you referring to Users Online or to Users Reading This Thread (a function in vB4.x which has yet to be added to vB5.x?

The problem with this function has always been it is not accurate. I recall vB4.x would show me as being in the admincp long after I had returned to the index page or to the who's online page.

If there was a way to make the function accurate I would be willing to vote for its inclusion in vB5.x
      I am simply referring to users reading a thread at the bottom of any topic page. It is a key function that most the Vbulletin forums I visit have. Very useful tool too. Also if any of those members are writing a post their name usually appears in italics.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by m-d-luffy
        No one will help you here
        Their answer to you will be to find an external programmer that will do your job
        This forum exists to provide help and assistance with using the core vBulletin product. Its purpose is not to write custom code for people, nor to teach them how to write custom code. The support team are not coders, and are not qualified to offer such advice. If a customer asks if a feature exists, and it doesn't, then of course it's going to require custom code and a third party coder to write it.

If you want software where the support team will customise the product and write custom code for you on demand, you'll pay a lot more for it. Start in the tens of thousands of dollars and count upwards.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Anyway to do this?

Cheers.
          As mentioned above, a list of users reading a thread isn't a feature of vB5 at this time.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------

Comment

• Hellas
            • Aug 2018
            • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Mark.B

As mentioned above, a list of users reading a thread isn't a feature of vB5 at this time.
            Have to admit a little shocked but thanks for being clear once again.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Have to admit a little shocked but thanks for being clear once again.
              vB4 only got this feature quite late on, and by then vB5 had already been "forked" from it. That's why it's missing, primarily. There's a feature request to have it added back in but so far it's not really gained any traction.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Mar 2011
                • 5.7.X

There's a mod for this on vbulletin.org by delicjous

Forum Display Enhancements - Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread - Lite-Version vBulletin 5.x Products & Extensions

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• m-d-luffy
                  m-d-luffy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Need to be developed and updated

• Mark.B
                  Mark.B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's a free modification that appears to work just fine.

If you need something more substantial, you could consider asking someone like Glenn above to quote for doing it. He takes on custom work and knows the product inside out.
              • delicjous
                • Mar 2014
                • 6.X

Glenn Vergara : Thanks for mention my mod.

m-d-luffy: Iam working on a pro version, but there are some other important ongoing projects right now. What are you missing? I will take it to the list of improvements.

Mark.B : Would be nice if you reference (at least also) to the developer of the mod. Even it is free the (vB5) idea is by me and as you write it is working just fine for a free version.

Comment