• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imgnrm
    • Mar 2017
    • 5.3.x

CSS color changes for Warning Alert

Hello,
    Would you please let me know how to change CSS for Warning Background color, border color?
    I don't know where I can change the value.

.warning {
    border:1px solid #E5D6D6;
    background:#FFE6E6;
    padding:5px 10px;
    border-radius:3px
    }

Thank you for your help.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You would have to overwrite this code by editing it and adding your new code to your css_additional.css template. You can edit templates in the AdminCP under Style -> Style Manager. Click on the <<>> button to show your templates. Scroll to CSS templates, double click on the group name. Double click on css_additional.css to edit it.

For Cloud users, you can edit this template by clicking on "Style" in Site Builder and then selecting the CSS Editor template.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• imgnrm
      • Mar 2017
      • 5.3.x

Hi Wayne,
      I've tried to edit it but the page wan't open after double clicking and as you can see in the attached, all the buttons on the right side are disabled.
      how can I open it?
      I think I tried it before but I don't think it overwrite.
      Do I have to put the file name in somewhere in admin site? to be readable?

please advise me.

Comment

• imgnrm
        • Mar 2017
        • 5.3.x

I could edit it in css_global.css and it worked but I am worried if I edit the file too much, there will be some problems when I update the version later.
        And I have tried the css-additional.css when it was available but it didn't overwrite at all.
        If there is any instructions I should do before editing it, please advise me.

Thank you.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Editing the css_global.css will just cause upgrade problems in the future. We can't even guarantee that it will have the same content in the future. We provide the css_additional.css template because it is loading last and will always override all other CSS if your code is formatted properly. This is a basic function of CSS Hierarchy. What is the exact code you used in the css_additional.css template?
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment