X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • v-w
    • Aug 2018
    • 5.3.x

Unable to change user password via admin panel

A user asked me to change their password, so I tried to do that via the User Manager. It doesn't work, and the error message is not specific enough for me to find out what the form wants of me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	user_passwrd_change.PNG
Views:	64
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	4396497

There is no field named "field5" in the user manager, so I expect it's showing me the database key or something?
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

It's one of the custom profile fields set as required field.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

As stated Field5 is a required field. You will need to fill it out as well in order to save the user profile.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• v-w
        • Aug 2018
        • 5.3.x

I had a look at our database, the "userfield" table does not have a "field5" column, it ends at "field4". Which one of the 225 database tables to I need to hack to get rid of the requirement?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

When you go to AdminCP > User Profile Fields > User Profile Field Manager, do you see field5?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by v-w
            I had a look at our database, the "userfield" table does not have a "field5" column, it ends at "field4". Which one of the 225 database tables to I need to hack to get rid of the requirement?
            You shouldn't hack any tables this is a great way to destroy your site and prevent it from working at all. The system only ships with 4 userfields. The others would be created in the AdminCP under User Profile Fields or through addons.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• v-w
              • Aug 2018
              • 5.3.x

Thanks, I found it and got rid of it. It was originally an anti-spam question that was added for registration.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...