X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank Davis
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.3.x

Small Video Not Showing in Preview

For some reason my site no longer displays for example youtube videos posted in preview in searches and recent activity feeds like they used to, is there some setting that would make these to stop displaying?
  • Frank Davis
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.3.x

Ideas?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Can you show what you're experiencing?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Frank Davis
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Can you show what you're experiencing?
        The content of my site would not be appropriate to post here but in short for example you post a youtube video it usually would display a small thumbnail of the video in the main article page or in recent activity modules, now it only shows text and you need to click show content for it to be displayed. Not sure how to get it back to showing that little thumb of the video thumb again without users needing to click show content.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Does this describe your issue? https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18748

If so, it will be looked at by the developers.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Frank Davis
            • Sep 2012
            • 5.3.x

No, here I took screenshot of how I want it and how it used to be, but now my site does not do this (display the video) it shows the title and everything but not the video player box, instead there is a link that says show content that needs to be clicked for the video to display. This is showing a widget or search box, not the psot itself, if you go to the post it shows correctly this is rather when being displayed as a mod outside of the main post.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	4397245

Comment

• In Omnibus
              • Apr 2010

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Frank Davis
                No, here I took screenshot of how I want it and how it used to be, but now my site does not do this (display the video) it shows the title and everything but not the video player box, instead there is a link that says show content that needs to be clicked for the video to display. This is showing a widget or search box, not the psot itself, if you go to the post it shows correctly this is rather when being displayed as a mod outside of the main post.
                Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	4397245
                Don't know how to fix it without seeing the issue. if you cannot post links here, then you'll need to have a Support Contract and create a ticket.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment