Find topics and moderate them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find topics and moderate them

It must be something I'm overlooking, but I simply can't find a way to do what I want. On a daily basis, I would like to search for topics in a certain channel in which a post contains a certain word. In one case I would like to close these topics. In another case I would like to move these topics to another channel. How do I manage/moderate/move/close topics instead of posts from a search result?

For now I am only able to move posts instead of topics.
    Last edited by ssfnl; Thu 9th Aug '18, 2:04am.

Use the advanced search page and show the results as topics. Though I don't think you'll get the close option there, you would need to enter the topic for that.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Yeah, I believe so too. Instead of bulk moving or closing, we seem to only be able to do this topic by topic. As we finally upgraded from 3.X to 5.4 last week, we find this be somewhat of a loss, especially knowing this option IS available in forum display.

Thanks for your answer anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ssfnl View Post
        Yeah, I believe so too. Instead of bulk moving or closing, we seem to only be able to do this topic by topic. As we finally upgraded from 3.X to 5.4 last week, we find this be somewhat of a loss, especially knowing this option IS available in forum display.

Thanks for your answer anyway.
        You should be able to bulk MOVE from a search result, it's close that is missing.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

There is a bug report on this here - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...ssues/VBV-9410

It doesn't have a lot of votes or customer feedback so it isn't something that will get enough traction to resolve.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment