Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onkeljan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke

The answer entered in your AdminCP has to be entered in exactly as you specified. There is no intelligence applied here. The system only matches what is entered. If the answer can be frequently misspelled or you want to allow both capitalized and non-capitalized answers, you have to provide them as valid solutions.
    Of course the anwers are entered correctly. I have even copy/pasted them. Letter case are also upper/lower like it should.

* If the answers are not correct first time, they wont be accecpted later, even if answered correctly unless reloading the page
    * If the questions have multiple answers, none of the answers are accepted (when entered correctly).

Leave a comment:

• onkeljan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    The best workaround for this issue is to use Recaptchav2.
    I can inform you that Recaptchav2 does not work like it should. There is many spambots registering with it enabled. Several in a week.

The best option is to fix the issue with Q&A so we can use Q&A like it should work. There is a bug.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by UKCobra
    I have had this also many times, a simple answer, entered correctly but rejected. The frequency reduced once I did the same as Post 4 about multiple spelling versions. Why it helped, not so sure. Occasionally I get reports from people saying it has not worked again.
    The answer entered in your AdminCP has to be entered in exactly as you specified. There is no intelligence applied here. The system only matches what is entered. If the answer can be frequently misspelled or you want to allow both capitalized and non-capitalized answers, you have to provide them as valid solutions.

Leave a comment:

• UKCobra
    replied
    I have had this also many times, a simple answer, entered correctly but rejected. The frequency reduced once I did the same as Post 4 about multiple spelling versions. Why it helped, not so sure. Occasionally I get reports from people saying it has not worked again.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The best workaround for this issue is to use Recaptchav2.

Leave a comment:

• onkeljan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B
    Right so it's when entering a correct answer after an incorrect answer.....I see.
    Let me see if I can replicate this and I'll report back later.
    Still a problem in 5.5.0 clean install, no plugins.

If the users are not answering the questions correct first time, they will need to reload the page and fill in all information again for the next question.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by rag_gupta
    I'm ready to give access to my site. You can check it yourself.
    Just because it happens on your site doesn't make it a bug.

You should put the precise steps to replicate into the bug tracker so the developers can try to replicate it on a default installation. That is the only way that it will get confirmed as a bug.

Leave a comment:

• rag_gupta
    replied
    I'm ready to give access to my site. You can check it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    What next now? I've filed the bug report.
    You'll need to provide step by step instructions in the bug report as to how to replicate the issue. Ideally providing the exact Q&A you have on your set up.

At this stage it seems unlikely that this is an actual bug however, as none of us can replicate it based on what you've said so far. It seems more likely to be related to your set up and to look you'd need a support contract and a support ticket raising. I would get the steps into the bug report and wait for the developers to try and replicate it first though.

Leave a comment:

• rag_gupta
    replied
    What next now? I've filed the bug report.

Leave a comment:

• rag_gupta
    replied
    It is happening even when we use regex. I've filed the bug: VBV-18726

If you want I'm ready to give of my forum to you.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Did you remove the "regex?"

I can't recreate the issue using your question and answers. The only difference is that I do not have a regex.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 13 Aug '18, 11:00am.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    What is stopping you to file bug report? Have you tried checking in your development version?
    To file a bug report I need to replicate it.
    You are welcome to file one yourself though....if you do, please let me know the bug number.

Leave a comment:

• rag_gupta
    replied
    What is stopping you to file bug report? Have you tried checking in your development version?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Any update on this? I'm losing many visitors due to this serious issue.
    I still need to attempt to replicate it, but even if I can, if it turns out there's a bug then there isn't going to be an instant fix. I would need to write up a bug report, it would go into the development queue, and then it will have to be prioritised. Even if it is worked on straight away, which is unlikely, the fix will be rolled into the next available release and these are generally eight weeks apart.

I'm mentioning this to manage expectations. if it really is that serious and you're "losing many visitors" then my recommendation would be to stop using Q&A and move to ReCaptcha2 instead.

Leave a comment: