X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Fleiding
    May I ask what these recommendations were so I can follow them as well?
    Originally posted by Carrfixr

Yes that would be nice to know since this is a wide spread problem. We have a similar thread going on the cloud side.
    This happens on Mac and ipad using safari
    Sure. They are not fixes though, unless the first one works obviously and our member hasn't got back to me yet as to whether it helped (we had tried emptying the cache but not with him logged out) anyway, here goes:

1. Have the user log out, close the browser, empty the browser cache, and then log in again.

2. If it continues use Safari's developer tools and get the JSON string for vBulletin to look at.
    To do this open developer tools, how to explained here: https://support.apple.com/guide/safa...-sfri20948/mac and select the network tab. When the error happens, click on the entry for that page and select the response tab. This should show what the server is sending to the computer.

3. If they are using any sort of Ad or Javascript Blocking extension, they should whitelist your site for testing purposes.

Comment

• Carrfixr
      Carrfixr commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mrs. T
      We did try #1 already.
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Since I get these same errors on my Ipad i'll try and figure out how to do this error log

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

I'm not sure how to go about this on an ipad. From what I have been reading it needs to be connected to a Mac computer to get the log. Hopefully support or someone else can take this issue by the horns and resolve it.

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Carrfixr
        I'm not sure how to go about this on an ipad. From what I have been reading it needs to be connected to a Mac computer to get the log. Hopefully support or someone else can take this issue by the horns and resolve it.
        I read this yesterday: On the iPad go to Settings > Safari > Developer and activate the debug console.

Comment

• Carrfixr
          Carrfixr commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't see anything that says developer or debug console. HMMM