Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • au8ust
    • Mar 2008

Can't access the Moderation menu for Admin

The Moderation menu in Inbox for Admin user is not accessible for some reason (site.com/privatemessage/pendingposts/6/1). I kept redirecting me back to the homepage for the forum. There are 5 topics in moderation on my site and I can't check or delete them.

I've tried repairing/optimizing the DB and pruned topics awaiting for moderation. Didn't work.

Any idea?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Repairing/Optimizing the database does not fix issues like this... Repair only works when you're using MyISAM tables (you shouldn't be using MyISAM tables in vBulletin 5) and the table is marked as crashed. Optimize deletes content already marked as deleted to "Optimize" the space of the database on your drive. In vBulletin 5, there is no reason to run either of these tools nor will they ever fix problems in the operation of the software except the afore mentioned "This table is marked as crashed" MySQL error message. These tools are scheduled to be removed from the AdminCP in the future.

The problem is that for some reason you have a Visitor Message awaiting moderation.

This query should resolve the issue temporarily:
    Code:
     update node set approved=1 where approved=0
    It will be fixed in 5.4.4 -
    https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18597
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• au8ust
      • Mar 2008

Thanks for the reply! I've tried using that query but it didn't seem to work.

An error occurred while attempting to execute your query. The following information was returned.
      error number: 1146
      error desc: Table 'vb5_backup.node' doesn't exist

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Then you must be using a table prefix and add it to the table name. Your table prefix would be specified in your /core/includes/config.php file.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• au8ust
          • Mar 2008

That worked! Thank you. Hopefully the fix will be released soon.

Comment