I delelted sub-forum, how can add sub-forum again ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    That isn't the correct phrase. The phrase name "sub-forums".

You would be better off either converting to vBulletin Cloud or purchasing ticket support so we can fix this issue in about 2 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Hu
    replied
    how to add sub-forum again ?

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    And search by "Phrase Variable Name Only" as Wayne mentioned in post #8

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    It's underscore (sub_forums) not hyphen (sub-forums).

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Hu
    replied
    Vbulletin is not easy to operate...

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Hu
    replied
    Sorry , i cant understand what you said. see the picture ? what should i do to make sub-forums go back ?

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    As I've said in my previous post, the phrase variable is "sub_forums" not "subforums".

Here's the code in the template:

Code:
    <div class="subforum-header h-clear">{vb:rawphrase [COLOR=#FF0000][B]sub_forums[/B][/COLOR]}:</div>

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    In the AdminCP go to Languages & Phrases -> Search In Phrases. In the very first box type "subforums". In the sixth option (Search In...) select "Phrase Variable Name Only." Submit the form. You should get one phrase on the next page. Click "Edit". Type "Sub-Forums" into the Translation Box and click Save.

In the future when you decide to edit Phrases, you should keep notes. Write down the phrase name and what changes you want to make. Then if you decide to revert these changes, you can refer to your notes and know what needs to be updated.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Hu
    commented on 's reply
    sorry, forum.tendacn.com

• Wayne Luke
    commented on 's reply
    This site can’t be reached
    www.forum.tendacn.com’s server IP address could not be found.
    Try:

Checking the connection
    Checking the proxy, firewall, and DNS configuration
    Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

• Kevin Hu
    commented on 's reply
    pls check my forum then you can understand i think: www.forum.tendacn.com
    there is only : here. i deleted sub-forums before. how can i go back except restore the whole forums.

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    To add phrases, you need to be in debug mode... Though to delete phrases, you have to be in debug mode as well.

The easiest way to make sure your system has all of the required phrases is to run upgrade.php. Upload the /core/install directory. Then point your browser at www.yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php. The script should load (provided you haven't edited your .htaccess) and reload the master language during processing.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    If you deleted just the phrase as you said in post #3.1, then you can add it back by adding a new phrase in the Phrase Manager. Click Add New Phrase, enter sub_forums in the Varname field and then enter Sub-forums in the Text field.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    That's just a phrase.

It is not clear from your posts what you have actually done.

If you have actually deleted sub forums and their content, then the only way to get that back is to restore a complete site backup from before this was done.

Please describe exactly, step by step, what you did, so that we provide proper help.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Hu
    replied
    Who can teach me how to add sub-forums?

Leave a comment: