Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VIPxAH
    • Jul 2018
    • 5.3.x

i'm in the process of moving from phpbb2 to vb4 via impex and that to vb5. for the most part it worked fine. a problem however is with the avatars. the table customavatar is filled and the pics are okay but if i change to disk based storage nothing is copied over except for 2 avatars i assigned with vb5. so obviously there's at least one other location in the database where the imported avatars are not registered.

any info in that regard would be most welcome and save me a long, deep dive into all the vb classes.

• VIPxAH
    • Jul 2018
    • 5.3.x

okay i solved that on my own. if somebody else should run into this, here's the trivial solution:

the folder you define in the User Picture Manager is not relative to the root folder of your forum (as noted) but the core folder. hence whatever name you choose there is in the core folder and not the forum's webroot.

what's still odd however is that a folder with the same name in the actual webroot of the forum gets used as well if you crate it. not for the imported vb4 images in my case but the avatars set via vb5.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by VIPxAH
      what's still odd however is that a folder with the same name in the actual webroot of the forum gets used as well if you crate it. not for the imported vb4 images in my case but the avatars set via vb5.
      This is actually a bug that we have decided not to fix at this time.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment