Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricting access to attachments for Unregistered/not logged in

vBulletin 5 Connect v5.4.2, My SQL 5.7.22-log, PHP 5.6.36

1) I want to restrict access to attachments for the user group Unregistered/not logged in and Awaiting Email Confirmation.

In Admin CP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager, I edited permissions for the abovementioned groups. However, I can still view the images when I browse as an unregistered user.
    These are the permissions I have set.
    However, when I set everything to no, then the forums are not viewable for an unregistered user.

What am I doing wrong?

2) Secondly Mark B. had shared css code to show a user-friendly message to unregistered viewers, something along the lines of you cannot view until you are a registered member. Where would I post that code?

/* Attachments permissions fix */ [data-usergroupid="1"] .photo-preview { display:none; } [data-usergroupid="1"] .gallery-details::before { content: "This post contains attachments - please register or log in to view them" } [data-usergroupid="1"] .gallery-details .b-photo-count { display:none; } [data-usergroupid="1"] .b-post-attachments ul::before { content: "This post contains attachments - please register or log in to view them" } [data-usergroupid="1"] .b-post-attachments .b-post-attachments__item { display:none; } /* End Attachments permissions fix */
    Grateful for your help!
    Forum Viewing Permissions
    Can View Channels
    Yes
    Can View Topic Content
    Yes
    Can View Others' Topics
    Yes
    Can Download Non-Image Attachments
    No
    Can See Deletion Notices
    No
    Can See Thumbnails
    No
    Can Join/Subscribe Channel
    No
    Can Upload Channel Icons
    No
    Can Upload Animated Channel Icons
    No
    Can Configure Channel
    No
    Can Download Image Attachments
    No

You would put the code provided in your style. On the front end click "Edit Site" to enable Site Builder. Then click "Style". Once the Style tool opens, click on CSS Editor and paste the code into the box.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks Wayne. But why is an unregistered user still able to view and download pics? What change can I make to the settings to get the outcome I want?

Comment

It is a bug.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Sorry - but what happens next? Do I report it somewhere or take some other action? Or has your team taken note and will fix it? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pspnyc14 View Post
            Sorry - but what happens next? Do I report it somewhere or take some other action? Or has your team taken note and will fix it? Thanks.
            It's a known bug at the moment. It's already in the bug tracker, has been for a while. There is no fix date at this time.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

try this
              "Can View Channels- no "
              that way gest can only read the topic but cannot see the cannel so they cannot download at less they register
              voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

vBulletin Version 5.4.3

Comment

Originally posted by voyger View Post
                try this
                "Can View Channels- no "
                that way gest can only read the topic but cannot see the cannel so they cannot download at less they register
                If you set "Can View Channels" to no, guests will not see channels or topics so they can't read anything.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Mark - thank you. I will offer prayers and sacrifices to the vBulletin gods (and goddesses) and practice breathing techniques until then

voyger - thank you, but that suggestion doesn't work. It suppresses all the channels. What I have done as a workaround is show channels but suppress topics.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

I did this and it works perfect -
                    Title says it all, we have users that are receiving an Invalid File Specified page, when trying to click links to .jpg photos. When using Mozilla Firefox or my

Comment