X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • habili
    • Jan 2018
    • 4.2.x

problem in creating site map

What’s the difference betweenstore sitemap directory inside root directory of site And sitemap directory inside core directory, is it neccessary to give read and write permission to both directory?
    Second question: when i create sitemap manually or automatic, in which directories it will create?
    Third question: when new site map creates, does it overwrite on old one or new file will create?
    Bellow files are in /core/store_sitemap directory :

What is diffrences between above files and i have to introduce which of them to google web master?
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

You can change the sitemap path in the XML Settings in the admincp.

You have to create the directory you enter into that field.

The directory must be both readable and writeable.

New sitemaps overwrite old ones since it is using the exact same path each time.

Google will find the sitemap without your assistance. You don't have to "introduce" anything.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by habili
      What’s the difference betweenstore sitemap directory inside root directory of site And sitemap directory inside core directory, is it neccessary to give read and write permission to both directory?
      If you store it outside the root directory of the site, it is worthless. Google and other search engines will not be able to load or read it. You should just leave it as the default location for best results.

Second question: when i create sitemap manually or automatic, in which directories it will create?
      It will be created in the /core/store_sitemap directory by default.
      Third question: when new site map creates, does it overwrite on old one or new file will create?
      It will overwrite.

Bellow files are in /core/store_sitemap directory :

What is diffrences between above files and i have to introduce which of them to google web master?
      The contents of the store_sitemap directory will be different to each site. You shouldn't submit any of these files directly to Google. You should use the URL shown in the AdminCP under "Rebuild Site Map"

By default this should be /core/xmlsitemap.php. Using this URL allows the system to make sure that the proper files are presented in order.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment