Forum on Root Getting Nofollow in Meta name - How Do I Change?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank Davis
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.3.x

Forum on Root Getting Nofollow in Meta name - How Do I Change?

My root .com has <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow"> Where and how do I change this to follow, Google will not index it with this there and I cant seem to find where to change it, it appears other pages do not have this. I have the root so non registered members do not see the content but only the registration options, is this causing this?
  • Frank Davis
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.3.x

Fixed it, I went into style template under header found the nofollow and noindex and changed it, passed test.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Google will only index what Guest users can see. If Guests cannot see any content, there is nothing for Google to Index.

In a default installation, the only pages that have "noindex" on them are the Register and User Profile pages. These pages shouldn't be indexed under normal circumstances anyway. The only page that has "nofollow" on it in a default installation is the Register page. Again, this page shouldn't have any links on it that need to be followed and indexed.
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 2 Jul '18, 8:40am.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Frank Davis
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.3.x

Great info Wayne, thank you. I have my home page set up a little interesting, it is a login/registration page and once they login it instantly become a stream page so it maintains root without additional directories exactly like facebook does. After changing the nofollow and noindex to follow and index it showed up on google front page within 24 hours, i also did an seo check and the links that appear after logging are getting followed which is awesome. Just a bit on how I did it, it makes sense now that the registration page would be nofollow.

Comment