• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Hu
    • Apr 2018
    • 5.3.x

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi all, anybody can help me?
    many users register my forum. but they cant receive any activation email and become a member. their status are users awaiting email confirmation. How can i configure an email and send activation to them?
  • Craig
    • Jan 2008
    • 6.X

do you have it set for new users to be moderated?
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Kevin Hu
      Kevin Hu commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean?

• Craig
      Craig commented
      Editing a comment
      I misunderstood your question, so the above doesn't pertain to your issue.

In any event, there is a setting in the user registration of the admincp that allows all new registrations to be held for moderation until the administrator can verify the new registration. Once vetted, and if accepted, then the new registrant would get their email welcoming them. But this isn't what you were dealing with. Sounds like a hosting side issue with your email config.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

If they are under "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" then the system already tried to send them an email. What do your mail server's logs say about the rejected emails? You would have to ask your hosting provider about this.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Kevin Hu
      • Apr 2018
      • 5.3.x

Hi Luke, I tried many emails, but my register can’t receive an activation email from me.

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Kevin Hu
        Hi Luke, I tried many emails, but my register can’t receive an activation email from me.
        That means you have something wrong with your outgoing mail server. That's very likely a hosting issue.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

In the AdminCP go to Maintenance -> Diagnostics. Choose the Email diagnostic and try to send an email to your personal address. What shows on the screen afterward?
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Kevin Hu
            Kevin Hu commented
            Editing a comment
            Since email cant work. smtp port 25 forbidden by host provider. port 465 must support SSL. i need to spend extra 400 $ to buy ssl feature. Who can help me? now my forum delay. cant go to market.

• Kevin Hu
            Kevin Hu commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can release more tutorail video. i think it is good , more and more people will buy your program. as i know youtube video stop update video from 4 years ago.

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            When I have time to update videos, I'll look into it.
        • Kevin Hu
          • Apr 2018
          • 5.3.x

please check erro picture. Thanks

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            That error means that Google is actively rejecting the username and password.

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            To use port 465 with Google's SMTP, you must make sure that the encryption method is set to SSL in the SMTP Secure Connection option on the Email Settings Page. If you want to use TLS, then you must use Port 587 with Google's SMTP. This setting has nothing to do with SSL on your own site. Just how your server communicates with Google's Servers.
        • In Omnibus
          • Apr 2010

If they're trying to charge you $400 for SSL I would recommend a different host.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here.. Many offer SSL for free these days. Even vBulletin Cloud offers free SSL.
        • Kevin Hu
          • Apr 2018
          • 5.3.x

Actually I regret i didn’t use vbulletin cloud server

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...