Please enter at least one valid recipient.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cruisey
    • Apr 2018
    • 4.2.x

Please enter at least one valid recipient.

In our vB4, we created a mod on registration page. That mod uses an extra field called `HomeTown`; we then "sticked" both "Username", ", " and "HomeTown" together to create the username:
    Code:
    foobar, London
    Notice the comma? Now Ive upgraded the forum to vB5 on a test server. Ive noticed when I try to send a PM to someone with a comma in their username, I get the error message. Sending a PM to someone without the comma, all is well. That user was registered before we implemented the hack (kevin).

Code:
    Please enter at least one valid recipient. Type in the first three characters and you will get a list of matching user names
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 11.03.31.png
Views:	578
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	4393058

Let's look at the username only "foobar, London". When a comma is in the username, would that trigger the error message? I suspect that's the issue. The aim is not to have anymore hacks in the core. Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Commas are "stop character" and shouldn't be used in the usernames.

You can file a bug report on this issue here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulletin5/

Click "Report Issue" in the header.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...