X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moritz
    • May 2018
    • 5.3.x

Routes to deleted channel in routenew crashes page manager

I recently tried to use the page manager inside SiteBuilder to display all pages on my forum. That didn't work. The page manager displayed an empty list and the field where you enter a page to jump to showed 'NaN'. Each time I opened the page manager, this error would be generated in the server logs (please note this is a local test environment):
    Code:
    Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in C:\Appl\xampp\htdocs\cpcommunity\includes\vb5\template.php(322) : eval()'d code on line 4
    I rooted out the problem and apparently the code crashed due to an outdated route in the routenew table. There were two routes in there pointing to the same channel that was deleted a while ago. The routes' contentid doesn't exist anymore. One had class 'vB5_Route_Channel', the other 'vB5_Route_Conversation'.
    On my test environment I just went ahead and deleted the entries and page manager works now.

What I'd like to know is, is it safe to delete routes from routenew or should I expect trouble somewhere else down the line?
    And how could this have happened? Is there a known issue, when deleting channels? We created and deleted the channel on vBulletin version 5.2.2 and recently updated to 5.4.1.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Is it safe? No. Is it something we recommend? No. Directly manipulating the database isn't considered safe by us.

However, in this case, it fixes your problem so you should probably proceed. With caution. Make sure to make a backup just in case anything else goes wrong.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment