• Show
Clear All
  • tylererdie
    • Aug 2016
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

All described in the error message.

Open global.php in a "real" text editor like notepad++

Look at the hook that is evaled on line 400.

Update all plugins installed using the hook. It will be line 8 of the offending plugin.

Repeat as necessary for each subsequent error.

Or contact the developers of your addons and have them upgrade them for you.
    I know this is going to come as a complete shocker at the moment.
    But in plugins where would I update to make it current to 3.8.11
    User Group Color Bar and Inferno Shoutbox Pro i used in 3.8.9 no longer work in 3.8.11
    I'm willing to put the time into fixing them if someone can point me in right direction.

Thank you.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

PHP made changes to how variables and regular expressions are handled. You need to update them to handle these changes. Only thing I can suggest is get it on a test server. Get the error, fix it and update the test server. repeat. If there aren't updated version of these addons already.

Not trying to be difficult but I know absolutely nothing about your addon code so can't say "Change this line, this line and this line."
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tylererdie
        • Aug 2016
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        PHP made changes to how variables and regular expressions are handled. You need to update them to handle these changes. Only thing I can suggest is get it on a test server. Get the error, fix it and update the test server. repeat. If there aren't updated version of these addons already.

Not trying to be difficult but I know absolutely nothing about your addon code so can't say "Change this line, this line and this line."
        Wayne I think your support your providing is great. I've just not changed anything in many many many years.
        Unfortunately i'm a bit behind on the times. Sorry to be a bother.

Comment

• tylererdie
          • Aug 2016
          • 3.8.x

Wayne,

Specific question here.

Error: Call to undefined function filter_v() appears the function filter_v does not work in 3.8.11 is this correct?

Code:
          [B]Error[/B]: Call to undefined function filter_v() in [B]..../authlist.php[/B] on line [B]75[/B]
          Trace Data:
           #1 : vbstop() called in ..../includes/class_core.php on line 3834 #2 : vbulletin_exception_handler() called in  on line    Var Type:  
           [ NULL ]
          Var Data:
           null
          Code:
          if($_GET['action'] == "update")
          {
            $adress = filter_v($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
            $name = $vbulletin->userinfo['username'];
            $ipq = "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Auth_Check WHERE forum_account = '$name'";
            $count = mysql_evaluate($ipq);
            if($count == 0)
               {
                  $InitQuery = "INSERT INTO Auth_Check (forum_account,ip_adress) VALUES ('$name','$adress')";
                  mysqli_query($GLOBALS["___mysqli_ston"], $InitQuery);
               }
           mysqli_query($GLOBALS["___mysqli_ston"],  "UPDATE Auth_Check SET `date_last_updated` = NOW( ), ip_adress = '$adress' WHERE forum_account = '$name'");
          }

Edit does VBCMPS Advanced still work?
          Last edited by tylererdie; Wed 6 Jun '18, 3:00pm.

Comment