Making a forum (channel) private (invisible)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig
    • Jan 2008
    • 6.X

Making a forum (channel) private (invisible)

I've done a search and can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I want to make one of my forum channels invisible to all members except the admins. I can't seem to figure this out.
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

This would be done under Channel Management > Channel Permissions, find the forum and deny everything to all usergroups except admin.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• v-w
      • Aug 2018
      • 5.3.x

I made the mistake of hitting the "Deny all" link in Channel Permissions, and it did deny all, including all admins. So, I am locked out of the channel permissions manager for the channel - it's not listed in the channel selection dropdown any more. I have tried creating a "test" usergroup with permissions for everything, but that still doesn't give me the necessary channel permissions so that I can edit the channel permissions for the channel that I selected "Deny all" on.

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by v-w
        I made the mistake of hitting the "Deny all" link in Channel Permissions, and it did deny all, including all admins. So, I am locked out of the channel permissions manager for the channel - it's not listed in the channel selection dropdown any more. I have tried creating a "test" usergroup with permissions for everything, but that still doesn't give me the necessary channel permissions so that I can edit the channel permissions for the channel that I selected "Deny all" on.
        "Deny All" doesn't lock you out of editing channel permissions. You must have deleted the channel.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by v-w
          Make sure you're using the latest version of vBulletin 5. There used to be a bug with this but should have been resolved over a year ago.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• v-w
            • Aug 2018
            • 5.3.x

I clicked on "Deny all" as shown in the screenshot - that's the category the forum was in. Looks like the bug is still there, because I am running the latest version of vBulletin, as evidenced by the screenshot. Which database tables are the permissions stored in? Since I can't fix this via the Admin Panel, I might be able to diff the tables with a backup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	deny_all.PNG
Views:	106
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	4396914

Comment