X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karlm
    • Jun 2006
    • 5.3.x

[Site Builder] Tabbed content w/ HTML modules = 403 forbidden

So, I recently created a tabbed container with multiple links to emulator pages & downloads - external links & files.

Since then, inexplicably, the page now simply states: 403, forbidden.
    "You do not have permission to access this document".

As you can no doubt work out - I have no means to edit the content to fix the issue, at least not through the suite builder.

Can I access somewhere pages created from the sitebuilder within the ACP? I see the CMS area but I don't see the pages in there...

--
    ETA:

Further research has shown if i manually type the URL or follow the navlink (created by site-builder) it fails to load, showing the above error (403)

However, if I enable "edit site" toggle button to 'yes' and then click the "Pages" button (between 'channels' & 'new page') , revealing the unique pages - I can then access the page, without issue.

The ONLY difference I can find is when it (the page) starts with capital 'E', it works - when it starts with lower-case 'e', it doesn't work.

I have no idea how to resolve this?

I have resolved this!

Nonetheless, it seems bizarre that it's suddenly become a problem. It's worked fine without any changes forever - until this morning, when it suddenly stopped working without explanation.

Having tinkered with it, I found that the link worked when going from the site-builder 'pages' section - but wouldn't when using the navbar link (that had worked faultlessly previously). The only single difference I could find was a capital 'E'. I updated the navbar to reflect a capital 'E' - and now that works - yay!

To see this yourself, visit these two identical urls:

https://www.classic8bit.com/Emulators <---works
    https://www.classic8bit.com/emulators <---doesn't work
    Last edited by karlm; Tue 29 May '18, 12:12pm.
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There is an issue with the tabbed content and having multiple modules of the same time within a single tab.

You can see custom pages in Site Builder under Pages.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• karlm
      karlm commented
      Editing a comment
      Having posted, and not refreshed, I have since found the resolve - seemingly - and corrected it to a working state. Thank you for your reply an hour back, I hadn't realised until after I'd updated my previous post with new details.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by karlm
    Having tinkered with it, I found that the link worked when going from the site-builder 'pages' section - but wouldn't when using the navbar link (that had worked faultlessly previously). The only single difference I could find was a capital 'E'. I updated the navbar to reflect a capital 'E' - and now that works - yay!

To see this yourself, visit these two identical urls:

https://www.classic8bit.com/Emulators <---works
    https://www.classic8bit.com/emulators <---doesn't work
    Those URLs are not identical. Any information after the TLD (.com/ in this case) is case sensitive within a URL.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• karlm
      • Jun 2006
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

Those URLs are not identical. Any information after the TLD (.com/ in this case) is case sensitive within a URL.
      You learn something new everyday... never knew that!
      VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment