Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trendri
    • Mar 2012

VB5 Website HTTP ERROR 500

I mistakenly deleted category or channel, and then most post and thread under the channel were gone. I requested my Host Namecheap to restore server (cpanel) backup.

The backup was restored successfully, but the site keep showing

www.trendri.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500.

I uploaded new vb5 files ( Version 5.4.1) but still could not fix the problem.

I contacted my host this was the response:

According to the error message you see on https://trendri.com/ the issue is code-related:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on null in /home/mydirectory/public_html/trendri.com/core/vb/api/wrapper.php on line 252

Unfortunately, we do not provide code-debugging assistance, so we suggest contacting your developer for further assistance.

Kind assist to resolve it i have submited a support ticket.
    Make Money Forum |Insurance Forum |Personal Finance Forum | Personal Finance Q & Ans
  • Trendri
    • Mar 2012

Restoring from my own website Database Backup it comes with error:

HTML Code:
    Warning: include(.../cache/template/template4012.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charwjgk/public_html/trendri.com/includes/vb5/template.php on line 328 Warning: include(): Failed opening '.../cache/template/template4012.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/charwjgk/public_html/trendri.com/includes/vb5/template.php on line 328 Warning: include(.../cache/template/template3844.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charwjgk/public_html/trendri.com/includes/vb5/template.php on line 328 Warning: include(): Failed opening '.../cache/template/template3844.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/charwjgk/public_html/trendri.com/includes/vb5/template.php on line 328
    Please vbhelp on this issue.
    Make Money Forum |Insurance Forum |Personal Finance Forum | Personal Finance Q & Ans

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Go into the AdminCP (https://www.trendri.com/core/admincp/) and visit Settings -> Options -> Style and Language Options. Set Cache Templates As Files to No. Save the page. Does your site work then?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Trendri
        • Mar 2012

I login to the Admincp and it came up with these code:

Warning: include(.../cache/template/template4012.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charwjgk/public_html/trendri.com/includes/vb5/template.php on line 328 Warning: include(): Failed opening '.../cache/template/template4012.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/charwjgk/public_html/trendri.com/includes/vb5/template.php on line 328 Warning: include(.../cache/template/template3844.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charwjgk/public_html/trendri.com/includes/vb5/template.php on line 328 Warning: include(): Failed opening '.../cache/template/template3844.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/charwjgk/public_html/trendri.com/includes/vb5/template.php on line 328.

Isubmitted a support ticket to VB for the past 8 hours am yet to get feedback.

Any other solution??

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

You'll have to turn the option off directly in the database or restore the files.

Run these queries:
          Code:
          update %prefix%setting set value=0 where varname='cache_templates_as_files';
          delete from %prefix%datastore where title in ('options','miscoptions','publicoptions');
          truncate table %prefix%cache;
          truncate table %prefix%cacheevent;
          Replace %prefix% with the table prefix defined in your /core/includes/config.php file. If it is empty (i.e. '') then remove %prefix% from all queries.

Your hosting provider should have provided a tool like phpMyAdmin to access the database directly. If they did not, then they should be able to run the queries for you.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Trendri
            • Mar 2012

I have access to my phpMyAdmin, please would you mind i send you my login details so you help run the quries??

My Hosting Service Response:
            Your request is related to the coding. It is out of my direct responsibilities. Unfortunately, I can't help you with it. You should contact some web developer for this goal.
            Please Wayne Luke Am not good phpMyAdmin, Please help me to resolve this issue, i will send you my login details please.
            Last edited by Trendri; Wed 23 May '18, 11:43am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

I already provided the queries. All you have to do is update the %prefix% in them and copy and paste.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Trendri
                • Mar 2012

There is no table prefix in my database /core/includes/config.php

Code:
                    //    ****** TABLE PREFIX ******
                    //    Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
                $config['Database']['tableprefix'] = '';
                So i run this Query:

Code:
                 update setting set value=0 where varname='cache_templates_as_files'; delete from datastore where title in ('options','miscoptions','publicoptions'); truncate table cache; truncate table cacheevent;
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	4392007

Click image for larger version  Name:	1Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	87.7 KB ID:	4392008

Then the site was able to open, but it looks scattered, and also i login to admincp via https://www.trendri.com/core/admincp/ and it redirected me to https://www.trendri.com/login.php?do=login.

Please see attached image of how the website look.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	3Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	73.6 KB ID:	4392009

Please i need more step to make the page look normal.

Thanks in advance Wayne Luke

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

In the AdminCP go to settings -> options -> style and language options. Tell the system to not store CSS in the file system. Save the page.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Trendri
                    • Mar 2012

i can't login to admincp. Is there any other way to access admincp to follow the step you mention?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

No. You'll need to purchase a support contract and open a ticket so we can restore your site.

Next time an error occurs you shouldn't delete files as the first step. Deleting the files caused the mess you're in right now.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Trendri
                        • Mar 2012

Thanks for your support my site is up and running. Your support here is even better than vbulletin support ticket. I open a ticket the response was like very slow with late response.
                        The ticket response is very very slow, vb support was better 4-5 years ago compare to now.

If you send a support ticket you get response less than two hours but now it takes donkey years.

Thanks once again for your support, if not for you i wont have been able to get it done.

Thanks..

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Ticket support was slow because you do not have a support ticket contract on your account.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment