X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmquist
    • Jan 2006
    • 5.7.X

Two identical users, different search presentation

In my search module on the home page I show the five latest posts on the site. I have made a lot of permission overhaul to fulfil the european Data Protection Regulation. However, now when I look at my front page with two different user accounts the search module looks in two different ways. The difference being that one user sees answer to posts and the other only see the first post in the thread.
    I have tried to give those two users the exact same permissions, but the problem persist.

Is there any other settings that affects what is shown for different users in the search module?

Regards
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by pmquist
    In my search module on the home page I show the five latest posts on the site. I have made a lot of permission overhaul to fulfil the european Data Protection Regulation. However, now when I look at my front page with two different user accounts the search module looks in two different ways. The difference being that one user sees answer to posts and the other only see the first post in the thread.
    I have tried to give those two users the exact same permissions, but the problem persist.

Is there any other settings that affects what is shown for different users in the search module?

Regards
    Clear the cache - AdminCP > Maintenance > Clear System Cache
    Then ask the user to use CTRL + F5 in the browser to refresh the page and clear the browser cache.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• pmquist
      • Jan 2006
      • 5.7.X

That did not help.

I cleared the cache on server, cleared cache on user computer and finally made an F5 on the user computer.

Any more suggestions? Is there any permissoíon settings on page level and not channel level?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

This is actually a known issue and something the developers are actively looking into. https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-17272
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pmquist
          • Jan 2006
          • 5.7.X

Is there any way to workaround this? SInce I have search modules working on other pages on my site it seems like it is not a total search failure, but more of a search module problem?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

If they are in the same usergroup then they should have the same content. If they are in different usergroups, then the bug will crop up.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pmquist
              pmquist commented
              Editing a comment
              That was actually not the case for me. I made two users with exactly the same permissions and the post did not show up in any of the two users search module. One of the users made the post and the other i used to look at the search module only. The only user that gets it right is the Super-admin.
              I wrote this in the Jira as well.
          • pmquist
            • Jan 2006
            • 5.7.X

Bump on this one Wayne Luke , and everybody else that might have a solution.

My entire site looks like there is nothing going on even though I feed it with posts every day. Is there any other kind of workaround that could make new posts show up on the front page?

Thanks!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Loosen the search restrictions on your modules. That is the only way to show more data.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pmquist
                pmquist commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, well I have done that. My question is regarding the bug that gives different search results for different users. Ift here is any other way of showing the latest posts?

• Wayne Luke
                Wayne Luke commented
                Editing a comment
                No... The latest posts is a search. Using the search JSON or modules are the only way to show them.
            • pmquist
              • Jan 2006
              • 5.7.X

Jin-Soo Jo , is there any updates on the bug in this JIRA: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-17272

I have folloewed it and it looks like it is moved later in the que. It is critical for me so it would be good to know if it will be done in 5.4.4.

Cheers

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Today is the last day of development for 5.4.4 so if it isn't marked as In Development, Code Reviewe, Resolved, Deployed to Staging or Approved on Staging then it won't be in 5.4.4.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pmquist
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 5.7.X

Well, that is actually why I am asking. It is listed in SPRINT204M39 which should be finished on august 17 but it is not listed in 5.4.4.

SInce it is very critical for my site I would need to know if I can expect a solution sometime soon or I should try to make a workaround of some kind.

Regards

Comment

• pmquist
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 5.7.X

The problem is now solved. It is a bug that is described here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18978
                    There is a workaround that helped me out and that was to remove channels from search that some users did not have "Channel view"-permission. So in the search module I removed that channel and the search worked again.

Comment