X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimMM
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

Change fonts by usergroup enabled but doesn't stick

vB ver 5.3.4 we have enabled (set to Yes) all Profile Customization Permissions. Users report that while they can use their Profile > Account editor to change fonts, colors, backgrounds, etc., that although they get confirmation after clicking the Save button, when they go to view the changes they made, they didn't stick. We have made changes in the Styles for global things like fonts, but users don't necessarily like our choices and and want to customize their profile permissions regarding fonts, claiming older style serif fonts are easier to read than the more modern san serif fonts we have chosen to keep up with modern design. They also would like a way to permanently set which font and size are used in the advanced editor for composing messages and/or replies. They'd like to have the Style they have selected, but also want to customize the fonts. I don't know if their browsers have access to the fonts they are choosing, but they say even the font size and color aren't changing.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by JimMM
    vB ver 5.3.4 we have enabled (set to Yes) all Profile Customization Permissions. Users report that while they can use their Profile > Account editor to change fonts, colors, backgrounds, etc., that although they get confirmation after clicking the Save button, when they go to view the changes they made, they didn't stick. We have made changes in the Styles for global things like fonts, but users don't necessarily like our choices and and want to customize their profile permissions regarding fonts, claiming older style serif fonts are easier to read than the more modern san serif fonts we have chosen to keep up with modern design. They also would like a way to permanently set which font and size are used in the advanced editor for composing messages and/or replies. They'd like to have the Style they have selected, but also want to customize the fonts. I don't know if their browsers have access to the fonts they are choosing, but they say even the font size and color aren't changing.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
    Profile customisation only affects the profile page. It doesn't change any fonts or colours on any other pages.
    There is no way to set fonts and colours on a per user basis.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• JimMM
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.6.x

Really? OK, thanks. It seemed like an awfully lot of customization to only affect the profile page. Appreciate it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...