• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gabbarsingh
    • May 2018
    • 5.3.x

RSS feeds as topics

Hello

I have created few RSS feedbacks for my forum website and i would like to display those as a topics rather than announcements. There is an option for showing feeds as topics but I don't know how to display those in my website. Also, RSS feeds are not refreshed as configured. Kind request to help me out with this.

Thank You
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

If you enable the feed and tell it which forum to post in, it will post them as topics in that forum.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by gabbarsingh
      . Also, RSS feeds are not refreshed as configured. Kind request to help me out with this.

Thank You
      I queried this too, I was told that if there are scheduled tasks these take priority so the RSS feed doesn't always get a chance.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Scheduled tasks on cloud sites should be running every minute using a server side Cron job. They should not rely on traffic. Do to this, there should be very little backlog. However, if there is an error in an RSS feed, it may prevent the system from processing other feeds plus the number of feeds you have will affect how often they actually run. The system was designed to prevent load increases from being passed to end users so there are limitations on how much each task can do at one time. I suggest varying the update intervals for your RSS feeds if you have a lot of them.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...